Friday, January 9, 2015

Five Minute Friday: Welcome

Hi friends! It's time again for Five Minute Friday. You know where we write for five minutes without stopping about a certain topic? Yes, well today's topic is:

Welcome

Welcome to the new year! I don't know about you but I am really excited that 2014 is over and 2015 is on. I didn't politely wipe my feet on the welcome mat of 2015, I just rushed in with arms wide open it and thanked it for coming. "Well, come!" It said to me. So I did.

And if you are new to my blog, Welcome! You are welcome here. You are safe. You are prayed for. You are loved. I hope this place feels like my living room on the comfy couch with a cuppa, or a glassa. Whatev. This is a place to be real and to dig in and to find Him.

Since we're all acquainted now, I'll talk briefly (while I still have a minute left) about the things that I am welcoming in this year (more to come):

1) Jesus. I want all of Him. I want Him to be Himself with me. I want to be myself with Him.
2) Health. I am seven years post breast cancer and newly diagnosed with Hashimotos (though I have probably had it for years) and I am wholly desiring to be healthy in this body. I want to be a good steward. I want to move back down the scale after watching my insane thyroid cause me to move up and up. I want to run this race well. And so I shall run. And I am doing the Advocare 24 day challenge right now. Finishing day 2 as we speak.
3) Our adoption which will be final in 5 days, but no one is counting. Along with this I would say "mothering." I am watching myself be sanctified daily through this mothering of five kids thing. I need to do better with this. I need to go lower and I need to see through His eyes and I need to let my hands and words be His. I'm welcoming His Presence in this place.
4) I'm welcoming His creative wisdom with my schedule. I struggle to find "quiet" time, running time, planning time, school time, quality time, down time, and all the other time. There's too many people and not enough me. But there's plenty of Jesus. So I'm welcoming Him here too.

So now that my buzzer has sounded, I'll...

STOP.


Thanks so much for reading! What are you welcoming this year?

1 comment:

  1. You have a great list of welcoming thoughts for 2015, Shana! May the Lord give you the strength to tackle them all.....especially knowing HIM better!

    I'm just excited to welcome a new year....period! The last couple years have been challenging, yet there is some light at the end of this tunnel and I'm excited to get close enough to feel it on my face :)

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...