Friday, December 5, 2014

Five Minute Friday

As I have reacclimated myself to the blogging world, I have met some new people who have blessed me tremendously. One of those people was referenced in my "Scandalous" blog post. I found Alia Joy on Facebook and she spoke a few weeks ago about "Five Minute Friday" which you can find more information about here. Basically this is a place to get us writers writing. You write for five minutes about the chosen topic without stopping.

This is good stuff.

So today, the topic is....



Dear me. Dear you?

Just dear. So here we go...


Dear Shana,

Could you please come back? I remember you. I remember looking at your bright blue eyes and big smile that seemed to light up a room. I remember how you could own a room with your conversation and silly stories. I remember how you stood at the front of those college classrooms like a boss. Such confidence, such passion. I remember how you were so solid in who you were: a wife, a mom, a writer, a lovesick follower of Jesus. You were the eternal optimist. You were the encourager. You loved to laugh.

Where are you friend? Have you forgotten you? I know you're in there.
I miss you.
You are the best me.
You are my favorite me.

Would you come sit here beside me and tell me the things I need to remember? Would you remind me of the funny? Would you convince me of the things I've forgotten? Would you rub some of that eternal optimism off on me? Tell me what you would say about this year. Tell me what you think about our adoption. Tell me what you would tell a friend going through the same thing. Tell me how you feel about Jesus and life and all that is good and right in the world. Inoculate me with hope.




Wow that was powerful. I'm looking forward to continuing this!

In other news, I'm working on a post about making home here. I have yet to show you lovely people my completed projects and my still undone ones that I'm working on in this place that God has graciously given us. Look for it in the next few days. There is a certain one that I finished last night and MAN am I proud of it. Here is a very sneaky peek:



  It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful.

By the way, if you haven't used the "follow me" option on the right side bar of the home page, you should do it! You can get my blog posts sent straight to your inbox so you never miss one! Just type in your email address and that's it! You can also find me on Facebook at lifethroughshanaseyes or on Instagram as shanalw. Hope you have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm your neighbor on Five Minute Friday. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandy, thank you for stopping by! I'm going to check out your blog now!

      Delete
  2. Visiting from the Five Minute Friday. Lovely blog. Following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbie-thank you! I appreciate that! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I love this! So glad you found Five Minute Friday through Alia ... love that girl! Really enjoyed this post of yours ... keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...