Saturday, December 20, 2014

Five Minute Friday: How to Adore

Well, I'm a day late, but I'm not going to let it stop me.

If you want to know more about Five Minute Friday or see my other posts, you can go here.

Today's prompt is:

FMF - Adore

O come let us adore Him!
O come let us adore Him!
O come let us adore Him!
Christ the Lord

I have struggled with adoring much of anything this year. So much has been stripped from me, painfully so. I see the word adore and I think of lavished love. I think of rosy cheeks and big smiles and eyes full of love. I think of faces bowed low worshipping the One who is worthy of our adoration. I think of a Mama holding her precious bundle, face radiating with warmth and life and light. I think of standing on the mountain top and looking into the valley below. Adore. I think of angels singing. Adore. I think of my husband's face. Adore.

I'm constantly having to look upward. There is much to adore in Him, despite how I feel. Joy, adoration, contentment, peace, these all aren't dependent on my circumstances, they are dependent on my heart's posture. They are dependent on my eyes and the lens I'm looking through. They are dependent on me turning outward instead of inward. On looking over my circumstances. Through them. Looking to rosy cheeks, faces bowed low, precious bundles, mountain tops, angels singing, my husband's face. Looking to the things that stir my affections for Him.

This is how I adore.

Stop.

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of what a priest said to me once. Happiness is based on happenstance, but joy comes from God. The natural response to that joy is adoration. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, that is a true statement. Thank you for that. Merry Christmas to you as well!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful testimony. Makes me think of Philippians 4:8 -- "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Thanks for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...