Thursday, October 23, 2014

An Aside, Part 3

Yeah I'm not writing today. Or something. I had gotten a day ahead while we were at the hospital and I was not able to continue that at home. I've been trying to catch up on rest which worked yesterday, but not so much today. I've been up since 7:30 because I had to take Kenan for an OT evaluation, then I got my flu shot and a Tdap (tetanus booster), and went to the grocery store. And taught homeschool (which we were behind on because I was gone the first two days of the week). And loaded five kids up for Cayle's soccer game tonight, by myself because Daddywayne works Thursday nights, in the first cold night we've had this fall. So I'm pooped.

We survived the hospital. Basically the neurologist is leaning toward thinking that what Reuben is having are seizures. These episodes are only happening at night and start off like a night terror would, but have gotten worse over the last year and now towards the end of the episode he looks/acts like he's having a stroke, which is obviously super scary. When he comes out of it he has no side effects though. So the doctor decided to wait to start seizure meds to see if/when he does this again. He hasn't had an episode since September and they are very irregular. So we are in "wait and see" mode where that is concerned. All I know is that that 3 year old is a BOSS. I don't know any 3 year old boys who would have dealt with being in the hospital hooked up to all kinds of things for three days like he did. My new hero. Fo real.

So this is my update. Hopefully I'll get to write about 2009 tomorrow. Thanks for patiently waiting for it. Ya'll are the best readers ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...