Monday, February 27, 2012

The view from here


In the bed (with the dog)


Kleenex, Vasoline (for lips and nose) and water


Wanton soup that my Daddy brought me


Where everyone else is.

I got the flu shot in November. 

I started getting sick Friday night with what I thought was just a bout of a cold or maybe bronchitis. I woke up Saturday dry heaving from mucus in my throat and chest and went to the walk in clinic. I had 101 temperature but I still thought, "This is probably just bronchitis." They gave me a steroid shot and a Zpack at the clinic and told me I should start feeling better that evening.

I didn't.

I woke up yesterday (Sunday) and literally felt like I was on death's doorstep. My whole body hurt, I had a high fever (almost 103) my sinus were pouring out fluid and were throbbing, and I couldn't breathe. Every time I would change position it would bring on a coughing spell which made me start dry heaving. I knew I was sick, but I thought I would just rest and told Dwayne and kids to go to church. As the hours lagged on I thought I might need to go to the hospital. Yes, I was that sick. I felt so bad I actually hoped they would admit me because I could not even lift my head off the pillow. I couldn't walk inside the hospital (they got me a wheelchair).

Finally after hours of waiting I got into a room. They did bloodwork, urinalysis, chest xray, and a flu test. The doctor started an IV and gave me IV fluids because my heart rate was a little high and they gave me some ibuprofen for the fever. The nurse came back in a while later and told me I was Influenza A positive.

After a flu shot.

I have heard of this happening, but never thought it would happen to me. So aggravating.

So I get to spend my next seven days sequestered in this room and praying that God would protect Dwayne and the kids from this nastiness. Will you pray too? My mom and dad and sister have also cared for me and my kids, so pray for their protection too. Doctors are not giving Tamiflu prophylactically this year so we are dependent on Him alone! Come Lord! Jehovah Raffa, please come.

And now, I rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...