Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 15

One thing you wore:


I most certainly got dressed today, but probably the favorite thing I have worn today are my super comfy fuzzy black slippers. Thankful.

One thing you gave away; one thing you shared:

Today I gave away my time, my love, my hands to little children. I was supposed to work in the nursery today but was pulled in as soon as I got to church to help with a very upset one year old. I went up to him and said, "What's wrong buddy?" and he reached his hands out to me. Within five minutes he was super content, which made my heart happy.

Then I went back to the tiny baby nursery and gave a bottle to a sweet little girl.

Then I was asked to go to the four-year-old class and help divide the class (which had gotten up to over 20 kids!) so that the teacher wouldn't go crazy. So I crafted, and I redirected the attention of three silly little boys, and we talked about Jesus. And ate goldfish. It was fun.

And then I came home and took a lovely two hour nap.

Thankful for small comforts, for open an open heart and hands, and a day of rest.

Eucharisteo.

2 comments:

  1. Makes me wonder if I know one of those silly little boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, you might! They were super fun though. I was glad to help because before I came the poor teacher had close to 30 kids by herself!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...