Monday, July 4, 2011

I see Him

Behold He comes
Riding on the clouds
Shining like the sun
At the trumpet call
Lift your voice
It's the year of jubilee
Out of Zion's hill, salvation comes

I was watching fireworks with my family tonight and I was suddenly overcome with a thought: Jesus.

Imagine with me the fireworks exploding. Huge fireworks with a boom that breaks the sound barrier. An explosion you can literally feel.

Then imagine with me that you see His face. He is larger than life. He unzips the atmosphere around us and steps down into our world. 
Every eye sees. Every ear hears. 
We behold Him. 
HIM.

I see Your Face in every sunrise. 
The colors of the morning are inside Your eyes.
The world awakens in the light of the day
I look up to the sky and say,
"You're beautiful."

I get caught up in these moments often. Wondering what it will be like when my world literally stops. I find my breath catching, hoping it might be that very second. My anticipation grows. Like laboring over a coming child. 
I long for Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...