Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankfulness

My extended absence can be blamed on none other than the all-consuming thesis. This is "break" week, but next week is full of craziness. Three days of craziness. And then I'm done.

Which leads to my 2010  list of what I'm thankful for:
  • impending graduation. I am so, SO thankful and excited that this season of my life is ending and a new one is beginning. Hopefully a season filled with my children, ministry, relationships, and whatever else Jesus wants.
  • that I'm done with my thesis. I never knew it would require so much energy from me: physically, mentally, emotionally. Or time. I'm thankful I don't have to spend anymore time away from my family on it.

  • my husband. With each passing year I realize more and more what a gift he is. His patience astounds me. His servant's heart challenges me. I love him and am blessed by him.

  • Cayle: he already loves Jesus so much and is allowing Him to work in His heart. I'm grateful to be his mommy. I'm grateful that I got to stand by my husband's side as he baptized him this past weekend (11/21/10). He is so smart and funny and sweet. I could not have a better son. What a joy!

  • Alaya: My little hippy. ;) She flits about like a butterfly with joy and laughter and song. She is the classic younger child with lots of antics and wildness but I'm thankful that she keeps me on my toes. She is my snuggle bug and loves having my undivided attention. She is my shopping buddy and loves all things girly. She is so much like me, which is extremely humbling, but I'm thankful God is giving me these insights into my own life. She is my little singer and is often either making up songs or singing (on key) ones that she already knows. I know God is making her a worshiper.
  • I'm grateful that in a tough economy my husband has a good job. A job with potential. A job that we have prayed for, for years.
  • I'm thankful that hard things increase our faith and make us more like Jesus. I've been through a lot of hard things the last few years and I'm so thankful that each of those things serve a greater purpose than what I can see now.
  • I'm thankful that God redeems everything. Everything. Every. Thing. There are some hard things in my life right now that are tainting my holiday spirit, but I can rest (if only I will!) in God's good and perfect plan and His redemption of every moment to Himself. He will receive the glory. He's committed to it.
  • I'm thankful for a warm and comfy house. For food in my belly. For a bed with a pillow-top mattress to sleep on. I'm learning all the time to be thankful for now, for today, and not allow that to be tainted by what I want or think I need. 
  • I'm thankful for truth. Truth. And friends, shepherds, mentors who speak truth, pray truth, love with truth.
  • I'm thankful for my health. For nearly a year now I have felt healthy and whole again. This is huge. Thank You Lord!


Sing to the LORD a new song,
for he has done marvelous things;
his right hand and his holy arm
have worked salvation for him.
The LORD has made his salvation known
and revealed his righteousness to the nations.
He has remembered his love
and his faithfulness to the house of Israel;
all the ends of the earth have seen
the salvation of our God.
Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth,
burst into jubilant song with music;
make music to the LORD with the harp,
with the harp and the sound of singing,
with trumpets and the blast of the ram’s horn—
shout for joy before the LORD, the King.
Let the sea resound, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it.
Let the rivers clap their hands,
let the mountains sing together for joy;
let them sing before the LORD,
for he comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness
and the peoples with equity.
Psalm 98

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...