Friday, September 10, 2010

September

I see that I have become a once monthly blogger. I don't like it, it's just the way it is. So here's my blog for September, unless I have time and inspiration to blog again. ;)

I'm taking a Facebook break and I have realized a few things during this break time.

1) I think in Facebook status updates.
2) This is very difficult when you are willing yourself to stay off of Facebook, but strongly feel the need to share status updates (ahem, thoughts) going through your head.
3) I know I spend a lot of time on Facebook, but I don't think it is actually keeping me from being productive, as I thought it did. I have decided I find ways of keeping myself from being productive: Food network, spider solitaire...you get the idea.

So I decided I would share the status updates that I have thought of, but haven't posted to Facebook. Interesting, no?


  • My son is reading!! Cayle read his first three books (Bob Books) all by himself today (9/3/10) How cool is it that I got to teach my son how to read?
  • I saw a little boy pooping at Pinnacle Mountain State Park. In. The. Playground. He buried it in the gravel. Not kidding.
  • Date night with Dwayne! Drove around downtown for 20 minutes and parked three blocks from Dizzys, walked there, only to find that it was CLOSED. Option 2 was Panera Bread. They closed at 9. We ended up eating at the Olive Garden. There are forces out to ruin date night. :-J
  • Reading Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire. Good stuff. Have never read it before but think I am supposed to be reading it right now. God is moving at the Summit. Blowing my socks off. More Lord!!
  • My husband got a new job! An amazing, God-sent, prayed for, blessing of a job!! This is the kind of opportunity we have prayed for for years and I can see how this is His perfect timing. It feels like everything he has learned and that we've been through has been baby-stepping us up to this point. I'm so grateful to God. He is GOOD. (I probably need to blog about this.)
  • Cayle: (loudly, while eating dinner at a pizza place in LR) "Mom did you FART?!" Nice. And no, I didn't.
  • Language theory isn't quite as scary as I thought it would be. I'm so close to being done. Have to finish this thesis!!
  • Successfully working out 3-4 days a week. Goal is 4-5, but I'm still trying to get there. So far I've attacked pilates and zumba. I feel muscles that I haven't felt in years. Greek yogurt and Zone bars are my new friends. And water. Lots of water. :)

I'm sure there are more of these little thoughts, but that's all I can think of right now. I may update this later as I think of more. Yes, I realize this might be counterproductive to "not being on Facebook," BUT my defense is that I get sucked into Facebook by reading what other people are doing and commenting, not so much by my own status updates. ;)

Came across this really cool giveaway that I thought I would share.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Dwayne on the new job! What's he doing?

    That is so funny, yet disturbing, about the kid pooping at the playground. I'm gonna be a wary about that playground now. Weeeird. How old was he? I hope little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa he got a job at AR Packaging Products. For the first time in 6 years he will have insurance! This is a huge blessing. :) I'm so grateful.

    The kid pooping at Pinnacle was a hispanic little boy. I think this is relatively normal in some hispanic countries/areas and for some reason none of the adults responsible for him noticed or thought to stop him. He was like 4 or 5, maybe 6! I was mortified. 8-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I read back in your post and you are such a strong woman. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...