Monday, July 20, 2009

Where is everybody?

I've noticed that my comments have dwindled. Okay, actually they are non-existent. I've tried to pretend that I don't care but the reality is that I do like to know what people think about what I've written.... So there. I've said it. Done. :)

In other news, I have spent the last four days of my life being completely exhausted from my ridiculously long workdays last week (two 13 hour days and one 5 hour). I know I would have been tired anyway but it certainly feels like I am more tired than I would have been precancer...

Stupid cancer.

I've had to deal with bill issues because of that today. I had a good cry-fest out of being completely overwhelmed by the situation and worrying it will be like this forever, that I will always be labeled by insurance companies as "that girl that had cancer" and will spend the rest of the time I have here on earth dealing with stupid financial burdens because of it. I hate money! I long for the day that Isaiah talks about: "Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare" (Isaiah 55:1-3).

I am reminded today of how weak my faith is. I looked down on the water I was walking on and wondered at it, like Peter. And I started to sink. But Jesus, in His graciousness, took my hand and reminded me to have faith in Him.

Just another day in the life of me.

Did I mention I've done six loads of laundry today?

Yeah...I'm going to try to draw near to the Lord now, lest I lose my way again.

Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.

1 comment:

  1. I read you avidly...but I do it in google reader and it makes commenting really annoying! Sorry! I'll try to do better. I'm sorry you stay exhausted. I feel somewhat the same. I'm afraid that might be part of life for a while. We're not getting any younger, huh! Lord, come quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...