Monday, June 22, 2009

Be still...and KNOW that I am God

That's what the Lord said to me this morning as I was sitting impatiently in my paper vest waiting for the doctor to come in this morning. "God I don't know what to do..." He said, "Be still and know that I am God." I can trust Him. I can lean into Him. His plans are good and perfect.

So the doctor did another ultrasound on my "lump" or whatever it is. It is smaller compared to last week but it is still there and very tender and painful. He wants me to continue with the vitamin E and start putting steroid cream on it twice a day until I see him again next Thursday. If it is still there or bothering me then he will do a needle biopsy.

I feel like I'm reliving my original diagnosis because it went something like the last few weeks have gone for me. Waiting is THE. HARDEST. PART. No question.

I'm sorry I haven't blogged in a week. Haven't really known what to say because the previous is pretty much all that's been on my mind.

I had two parties last week and both went well. I sold about $400 in just those two parties which is a good start. I need to get some more parties booked for July, though, if anyone wants to help a sister out. I promise it will be fun and edifying and not weird or pressure-based.

What else? I'm leaving Sunday to go to Plano, TX for a conference. Can't remember if I've talked about this or not, but I have a friend who is the counselor for a local christian high school and she is doing two separate boot camps in July to help prepare incoming seniors for the college application process. She has asked me to do the writing portion of those conferences (talking about college entrance essays, helping to give feedback on those essays, etc.) and I will get paid. But I am going with her to Plano next week to help us prepare for our bootcamps by attending one that a friend of hers is doing. Hope that all makes sense. This will be my first time away from the family by myself for that long of a period. It should be interesting and hopefully refreshing for me. Mom is going to help pitch in with the kids while Dwayne is at work.

I was asked by a friend today to be a "model" for a photo shoot in my old hometown for some advertising for the city. I might end up on a billboard! Hilarious. I get paid though so as awkward as it might be for people to see me in advertising, the money makes it worthwhile. :)

I think the Lord is really trying to break me of my "awkwardness" in approaching people or people looking at me, etc. through Arbonne and what I'm doing tomorrow. It's interesting but as extraverted as I am, I tend to be relatively self-conscious. Anyway, I just thought that was a funny tidbit.

Off to do laundry!!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for peace. Go watch Olivia's VBS video. That'll remind you "BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, sweet girl. Maybe if I get set up in Clinton, I'll book a show for you (if it's worth it to drive out that far!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...