Monday, May 4, 2009

Surgery

I haven't really felt like updating until now. Thanks to all you guys who have been praying because the Lord has been so near me and so ministered to me through all of this.

Surgery. Was a little different this time, mostly because I was having it done at a different location. I had my blood drawn the day before and then again the day of (instead of them taking it out of my IV). I can only have needle sticks on my left arm b/c of my lack of lymph nodes on the right side so my poor left arm has been beaten and abused. I had to wait a little while in preop but they gave me the good drugs right before they sent me back. I do remember moving to the bed in the OR and my doctor was already in the room and he immediately came over and held my hand as I went off to sleep. So precious.

Woke in post-op and I was hurting pretty bad but they kept giving me meds to get my pain under control. I also had a pain pump for the night and a catheter until the next morning. I woke up at 2pm and at 7:30 we were still waiting for a room. Yes, I was still in post-op. At one point they transferred me back to preop and then back again to postop and finally at 8:30 I was in a room, with someone else. Nice. Never had to share a room before. It was ridiculous how many people were there. Oh and I also was itchy. They could not get my itching under control and it was driving me crazy. My mom thinks it must be the anesthesia but I don't think I've itched every time I've had surgery. It was miserable though. My mom spent the night with me and had to sleep sitting up in the chair. I felt bad for her. I also had a crazy nurse aid who was 20 and literally thought she knew everything about everything. Oh and for some reason in the middle of the night my IV came out and started leaking under my skin. If that hasn't ever happened to you, suffice it to say it's painful. I was so ready to get out of there the next morning.

That's pretty much it aside from some medically enduced guffaws on my part. I was praying for Dwayne and fell asleep mid prayer and started talking about going shopping or something. I woke up and was really embarassed.

I'm still fairlly sore and needing meds but I have downgraded to the less-strong ones today. I just feel like my insides have been beat up. I get my stitches out Wednesday.

I did go home Saturday night because of some issues that were stressing me out. That is all resolved now and I'm glad I spent Saturday and Sunday at home, in my bed. Tonight the kids and I are back at moms b/c Dwayne is working. I kinda feel pressure to hurry up and get well but it hasn't even been a week yet and I'm determined to rest my body.

So that's about it. Just continue to pray for renewed strength and energy for me. Love you guys.

2 comments:

  1. I just got caught up on your last few posts and I love how you write--so candid and honest, yet so God honoring. You're right, it sucks to go through hard times like you've been and are going through, but your response to these hard times is so beautiful. Thank you for loving God through it all. I hope you're not trying to even get well by one week. Surely it's going to take longer than that to heal! Let people love you by serving. You're awesome. Can't wait to read your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping and praying that your recovery is still going well, and that you will be back on your feet soon. It is so hard to not be able to care for your family, and caring for them can help heal those emotional wounds. You have been through so much, and I truly admire how you have handled it....God's grace it trully sufficient.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...